Book Bargains

Tuesday, 25 April 2017
Hey Guys and Gals!

How are we all? It's my last week at home and I really don't want to go back to university as I'm just loving the comfort of home at the moment and the idea of exams and assignments when get back just doesn't thrill me at all! However I am looking forward to seeing my favourites when I'm back AND we have the sports presentation ball which again I'm looking forward too. Today I thought I would share a mini haul with you, I hope you like it!


So yesterday I took a trip to The Works and picked up some great bargains (if you don't know what The Works is, it's a discounted stationary/arts & craft and book shop! Well that's how I would describe it!). I absolutely love The Works for the discounted prices and the goodies you can find, especially the great selection of books when you really start digging in there.

Bargain 1, The Vampire Academy By Richelle Mead


I picked this book up for only £2 which is a steal in my opinion and I also picked this book up due to the hype behind the series and the author. For such a great price too, I thought it would be silly not to pick this book up, I do hope to enjoy it when I get to it at some point this year hopefully! Have you read The Vampire Academy series? If you have, I would love to know what you thought in the comments below!
Synopsis (if you don't know what it's about): Only a true best friend can protect you from immortal enemies...
Lissa Dragomir is a mortal vampire. She must be protected at all times from the fiercest and most dangerous vampires of all - the ones who will never die.
Rose Hathaway is Lissa's best friend - and her bodyguard.
Now, after two years of illicit freedom, they've been dragged back inside the iron gates of St Vladmir's Academy. The girls must survive a world of forbidden romances, a ruthless social scene and terrifying night-time rituals.
But, above all, they must never let their guard down, lest the immortal vampires take Lissa - Forever...

Bargain 2, The Percy Jackson Box Set By Rick Riordan


Now, when I saw the price for the set of 5 books in the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series for only £10. that's right £10, I just had to pick it up. This is a series I started last year but never continued on due to picking up other books but now that I have rest of books I'm definitely going to venture back into this story and my plan is to binge the series all in one go seeing as I have all the books now! Have you read any of the Percy Jackson books/series? The first book is so good and so much better than the movie, I definitely recommend picking it up if you're looking for a mythical easy fun and funny read!
Synopsis (if you don't know what it's about): Look, I didn't want to be a half-blood. I never asked to be the son of a Greek god.
I was just a normal kid, going to school, playing basketball, skateboarding. The usual. Until I accidentally vaporized my maths teacher. Now I spend my time battling monsters and generally trying to stay alive.
This is the one where Zeus, god of the sky, thinks I've stolen his lightening bold - and making Zeus angry is a very bad idea.


If you have a Works near you and you haven't taken a trip into the shop, I definitely recommend you do as it's such a great store to find great deals whether it be in the craft/stationary section or the book section, they just have so much variation in their shops! I also especially like the writing sets they provide!

Until next time pals,


P.s. If you love books then why not follow me on my new bookstagram feed on Instagram! Its just a place where I can have fun taking photos and discussing books (here's the link)

3 comments:

  1. I've never read of these! May add them to my TBR list as you always have the best book recommendations! Also your book Instagram is doing fab & I absolutely love it! Keep up the fantastic work chick and happy reading!

    Love
    Charlene MCElhinney
    www.charlenemcelhinney.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely recommend you checking them out Charlene! Especially Percy Jackson if you fancy a quick speedy read with laughs. Thanks so much for the kind words gal, means a lot to me! Happy reading to you too! x

      Delete
  2. I absolutely love The Works, it's such a fantastic place to find discount books! I have always been tempted by the Percy Jackson series but have never picked it up, I will have to take a look into my local The Works to see if they have any copies! Thanks so much for sharing!

    Abbey 😘 www.abbeylouisarose.co.uk

    ReplyDelete