Shadow Hunters and Many, Many Tears

Thursday, 9 June 2016
Those Reading Updates #1 

Instead of doing a generic monthly reading wrap up and to be read post, I thought I would tie the two posts together and make a series of it called 'Those Reading Updates', bringing everything bookish in to one post (wrap ups, tbrs, hauls, reviews, what ever I feel like updating you on, etc). I hope you like the idea of this post as I think it'll be nice to just have everything in one place, as well as making these posts short and snappy (I say this as I ramble on).


WHAT I READ IN MAY

City of Bones by Cassandra Clare 
I read this book once before but never continued on with the series. As I have heard so much hype to this book series I thought I would go out and pick the book up again and I'm definitely glad I did. I enjoyed the journey through this book so much more and it was so interesting learning about the shadow hunter world, it seems like a pretty rad world to be a part of. I've already bought the second book (which I can read but failed to pick up the third book in the past) so I'm hoping this book is as good as the first. I hope to read that book soon. I gave City of Bones 5 STARS

Me Before You by Jojo Moyes 
I picked this book up purely for the fact that EVERYONE raves about it and the film comes out this month and if you haven't seen the trailer yet, you need to. If it doesn't make you want to read the book, you'll still want to see the film (I mean Sam Claflin and Emilia Clarke are both leads and they look fab). Honestly, this book killed me. It was so heart wrenching and heart warming that I just couldn't put it down. It has almost every emotion thrown in their at once, love, humour and sadness, everything you need in a good contemporary. I won't lie, I did have a few tears fall down my cheek at different points of this book but it was so worth it and you know it's a good book if it can get you crying. I gave Me Before You 5 STARS.


BOOKS I'VE HAULED RECENTLY

During the month of May I have hauled a few books, bought two as well as borrowing two from the library, one of which I'm currently reading (and loving). As I mentioned before, I bought the second book to the Mortal Instrument series, that book being City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare. Like I also said before I'm excited to get to this book. The second book I purchased recently was The Winners Curse by Maria Rutkoski. This is one of the books I plan to read on my 9hr flight which is coming up pretty soon and I have heard many great reviews about it so it encouraged me to pick it up. 

The two books I borrowed from the library are Trial by Fire by Josephine Angelini (picked up purely because it's based on witches and I am a sucker for a book about witches) and A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas (Which I'm currently reading at the moment and loving).



WHAT I PLAN TO READ SOON

I want to read Trial by Fire by Josephine Angelini as I have had it out almost 6 weeks from the library and I feel I should probably get to this book pretty soon. I also would like to start reading Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas so I can catch up in the series as the 5th book comes out this September and I would like to read it when it's been released. 

I hope you enjoyed this post, I enjoyed writing and I definitely think it will be a post series I'll be uploading more often as I love to share my thoughts on book as it's one of my favourite hobbies. 

What're you currently reading? Or what book would you like to get to soon? 

Tabitha xo 

Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment