My Reading Style

Tuesday, 26 January 2016
Hey Book Lovers,
  Today I thought I would take part in the 'My Reading Style Tag' as I thought it would be a great idea to show you what my reading style is! I found this tag on a few bloggers websites as well as online so all credit goes to those who have done this tag before me. I know I wasn't actually tagged to do this post but I really liked the questions so I thought I'd be sneaky and go ahead and write a post!

@c0ffee.and.b00ks
Do you snack while you read? 
  Every now and then I will snack whilst I'm reading. Some of my favourite snacks are homemade goodies such as cookie, shortbread and peanut butter bites (similar to Reece's Peanut Butter Cups). I also like to snack on fruit and vegetables like raspberries, strawberries, melon and I also love carrots and humous. I also enjoy a good warm drink (coffee to be exact).

Do you tend to mark your books as you read, or does the idea of writing in your books horrify you? 
  I dont tend to mark my books as I'm quite rubbish when it really comes to analysing my books. What I do tend to do is add sticky notes to my books if there is something I really enjoyed within the book or if I really loved a quite within the book too. I also don't like the idea of writing in my books as I'm worried I will ruin them!

Fiction, non-fiction, or both? 
  Both, although overall I do read more fiction over non-fiction. Recently I have been reading a lot of fictional books but soon I would love to read a non-fictional book, maybe a bibliography of someones that I like or something on true events like 'Anne Franks Diary'.

Hard copies or ebooks? 
  I have a kindle and I do like it as it's incredible handy when it comes to travelling and so on, there also is many books I can only get on kindle so that's another reason to why I like having my kindle BUT I definitely prefer hard copies (paperbacks are my favourite). I love the feel of holding a book and smell also. Watching the pages build up as I get further into the book also pleases me.

Are you the person who tends to read to the end of chapters, or are you able to put a book down at any point? 
  I try to read to the end of a chapter when I'm reading a book before I put it down, unless I have to put the book down, for instance, if I'm reading before a class and then my teacher starts the lesson, there is no way that I can try and continue till the end of the chapter. Although when I'm reading a book at home then I will finish the reading at the end of a chapter.

What are you currently reading? 
  I'm currently reading 'Scarlet' by Marissa Meyer. 'Scarlet' is the second book to the Lunar Chronicles and I'm absolutely in love with this series at the moment. I've only just started reading 'Scarlet' so I haven't got too much to say about it at the moment but I have high hopes for this book.


What is the last book you bought? 
  As I just said in the last question, I love the Lunar Chronicles and I have such high hopes for this series that I have just bought 'Cress' by Marissa Meyer the third book in the Lunar Chronicles. I also bought it so that when I finish 'Scarlet' I can jump straight in to the next books as I think I'm going to marathon the rest of this series!



Are you the type of person that only reads one book at a time or can you read more than one at a time? 
  I have tried to read two books at a time and I really struggle doing that, I get confused and I commit myself to one book and end up discarding the other. Although if I'm reading a lengthy book or a book I'm not 100% enjoying then I may pick up a little novella or now a small graphic novel so prevent myself from getting in to a reading slump.

Do you have a favourite time of day/or place to read? 
  I can read pretty much at any point during the day, although I think I prefer to read in the evening as that's my down time and reading definitely relaxes me. I also love reading in bed but sitting up write as I struggle holding the book otherwise if I'm reading on my side but yes, my bed/bedroom is my favourite place to read as it's my own personal place.

Is there a specific book or author that you find yourself recommending over and over? 
  I know I'm only on the second book but Marissa Meyer is definitely a favourite of mine and I have been recommending her quite a lot recently. I also love Sarah J. Mass and J. K. Rowling (Harry Potter to be exact!).

I hope you enjoyed this post and you have learnt a little more about me. I do enjoy writing these posts as I love reading and watching them! Comment down below what your reading style is and also let me know what other posts you would like to see on my blog!

P.s. I have recently revamped my bookstagram and I would love you to all follow me, if you have a bookstagram as well then I most definitely will follow you back! My bookstagram is @c0ffee.and.b00ks

Tabitha x

1 comment:

  1. I nominated you for the 2016 Liebster Award! For more info, visit The Reading Hideaway. Congrats and hope to hear from you soon!

    ReplyDelete