The 'Book Worm' Tag

Thursday, 5 November 2015
Hey Book Lovers! For one of my firsts posts I thought I would do a tag, as it gives me a great opportunity to express why I love reading books and it also gives you the opportunity to get to know me a little more and so on! I found this tag on another blog (click here to see her post!) and I thought all the questions were great ones to start an introduction to my blog and to myself, so lets get on with the questions! (I hope you enjoy this post!) :)

1. Do you remember how you developed a love for reading? - From as far as I can remember, I have always loved books. I used to smuggle them under my duvet before I went to bed so that when I did go to bed I could then stay up all night just reading and looking at the illustrations. Recently my love for books has grown and they really are my escape route. At the end of the day when I want to just escape, I turn to my books. 

2. Where do you usually read? - I read wherever I can read. I always hold a book with me so that if there is any chance I have a spare minute at college or if I'm travelling I can pull out one of my books and start reading. I also love to just lay on my bed and read, as that is where I can be my most relaxed self and just feel cosy. 

3. Do you prefer to read one book at a time or several at once? - I normally try to stick to one as I'm worried if I pick up another book whilst half way through another I will forget about the book I was originally reading. 

4. What is your favourite genre? - I love so many YA books at the moment, so as a main genre I would choose YA but recently my love for fantasy and spooky/creepy books has grown and I just can't get enough of them. I also enjoy the odd contemporary YA book too. 

5. Is there a genre that you will not read? - Not really, I like to give every book a go. I normally stay close to books I know I love and enjoy but that doesn't mean I wouldn't try another genre. 

6. Do you have a favourite book? - Currently my favourite book is 'Dorothy Must Die' by Danielle Paige. 

7. What is your least favourite book? - Probably 'Allegiant' by Veronica Roth 

8. What is the longest book you have read? - Oh this is hard one, I honestly do not know! 

9. What was the last book you bought? - The last book I bought (in fact, I bought it today) was 'Girl Online' by Zoe Sugg 



10. Do you prefer library books or buying your own books? - I prefer buying my own books, theres just something so special walking round a book store and picking out books you've wanted for ages. 

11. What are you currently reading? - I'm currently reading 'Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone' by J.K.Rowling. 

12. Where do you buy your books from? - Bookstores (waterstones/foyles), Book Depository, Amazon, Charity Shops and sometimes supermarkets (Tesco, Sainsbury) 

13. Do you ever pre-oder books? - I have never pre-ordered before but I wouldn't be surprised if I do so in the future. 

14. How many books do you buy a month? - Varies and depends on how I'm doing with money during that month. 

15. How do you feel about second hand charity shop books? - As long as they are in good condition, I really don't mind them. Its a book at the end of the day! 

16. Do you keep your read and to-be-read books together? - yes. 

17. Do you plan to read all the books you own? - That the plan! 

18. What do you do with the books, you know won't be re-read? - I will normally give them away to friends I know that will enjoy the book. 

19. Have you ever donated books? - Not personally but my mum has. 

20. Do you think you own too many books? - Of course not! 


Tabitha x

4 comments:

  1. Hi! I'm Bea from goodreads. Your blog's amazing! :) Please visit mine and let me know what you think! Thanks xx Good Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, it means a lot! I have visited yours and it's great! I've followed too, I look forward to reading more of your posts! xx

      Delete
  2. Great answers!
    To question 3, I totally understand you! I always worry I won't pick up the book I was actually reading... afterall, there's a reason I can't only stick to that book!

    Oh, and if you're interested I wrote a review of Allegiant - I think we might share our opinion about the book: http://a-thousand-books.blogspot.de/2015/09/book-review-allegiant-by-veronica-roth.html

    Anyway, I really like you blog! :)

    Gina @ A Thousand Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! so I always stay safe and only read one book at a time! I read your review and yes I completely agree with you! I also thought the book just got too confusing too, hard to keep up! Thank you so much! I look forward to reading more of your posts too!! :) xx

      Delete